Click buttons on image below to explore...
First the routine checks the current drawing space, if it is Paper Space the user is prompted to switch to Model Space before re-running the routine. The routine then searches for the following:
- Blocks that are colour no. 90 and linetype Continuous, i.e. that had been coloured Green for Innovation specification items
- Blocks that are colour no. 50 and linetype Continuous, i.e. that had been coloured Yellow for Current specification items
- Blocks that are colour no. 220 and linetype Continuous, i.e. that had been coloured Magenta for specification items that are Under Review
- Blocks that are colour no. 240 and linetype Continuous, i.e. that had been coloured Red for Archived specification items or for Superseded Block versions
- Blocks that are colour no. 253 and linetype Continuous, i.e. that had been coloured Grey for Deleted Block versions.
If any Blocks are found with the above settings, their colour and linetype are both changed to ByLayer.
The routine also checks to see if any Blocks in the drawing are coloured ByBlock. If this is the case, it is likely that they used to be nested Blocks in a Block that has been exploded. Having a Block coloured ByBlock serves no purpose, so for that reason, they are changed to colour ByLayer.
1.12 - 30/03/17: Minor fix to reporting
1.11 - 14/07/16: Added resetting colour of Deleted Blocks
1.10 - 29/06/16: Adjusted to suit client specific requirements
1.09 - 21/06/16: Revised to separate specification versions from Block versions. Layer states are now saved when the routine starts, then restored when it completes.
1.08 - 17/06/16: Updated storing and restoring of AutoCAD variables
1.07 - 14/06/16: Specific Block colours are now restored
1.06 - 20/05/16: Timer and additional reporting added
1.05 - 12/05/16: Revised to only work with Blocks in the current space (i.e. paper space / model space). Added setting of FILLMODE to 1
1.04 - 06/05/16: Timer added and code optimised to speed up routine with large drawings
1.03 - 14/04/16: Now resetting of Blocks that have been coloured to indicate Under Review
1.02 - 18/03/16: Added a check for any Blocks in the drawing that are colour ByBlock, i.e. they were nested Blocks, to change them to ByLayer
1.01 - 04/03/16: Reduced reporting
1.00 - 26/01/16: Initial version.